Strong Earthquake Jolts Northern California, over 120 Injured
A magnitude-6.0 earthquake in Northern California on Sunday morning left over 120 people injured.
The powerful earthquake, which struck at about 3 a.m. on Sunday, was the most damaging in the San Francisco Bay Area in the past 25 years, according to seismologists at the U.S. Geological Survey, as cited by CNN.
No victims were reported after the quake but three people were taken to hospital with serious injuries.
California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency Sunday morning due to the serious damage caused by the jolt and the possibility of aftershocks.
The epicenter of the earthquake was 9km southwest of Napa and it had a depth of 10.8km.
The tremor caused extensive damage, which is still being assessed, and left over 50 000 buildings without power supply.
According to seismologists, the powerful earthquake was followed by 30 aftershocks measuring around 3.6 on the Richter scale.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Austria urged North Macedonia to include Bulgarians in its Constitution
- » The EU has decided that from 2035 only New Cars with Zero Carbon Dioxide Emissions will be Sold
- » Day 399 of the Invasion of Ukraine: VSU hit Russian Occupied Melitopol multiple times
- » The Pentagon is preparing the US Space Force for a possible Conflict with Russia and China in Space
- » Biden urged Netanyahu to abandon the Judicial Reform
- » Another Night of Clashes in France - Over 740,000 Protested against the Pension Reform