Bulgarian Prostitution Ring Busted by Spanish Police
Police in Spain dismantled a Bulgarian prostitution network operating in the country.
Under the scheme, Bulgarian women had been taken to Spain and forced to prostitute and give their clients drugs in order to rob them, Spanish Terra Network's online news service reports.
A total of 12 people, eleven Bulgarians one Spaniard, were detained on the island of Mallorca in the Mediterranean, after an eight-month investigation.
In a message to the media, police said some of the robberies involved sums exceeding EUR 15 000, but also that it was difficult to find out exactly how much they got, since most of the victims had chosen not to report.
While searching their homes, investigators found and confiscated EUR 9305, GBP 540, a few computers, two cars, drugs and an unknown number of documents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 25 Migrants were Detained near Simeonovgrad
- » Bulgaria: 8 Illegal Migrants and their Driver were Detained in Sofia
- » A Bulgarian Woman close to the "Crypto Queen" Ruja Ignatova was Extradited to the US
- » Bulgaria: 11 Detained after the Mass Brawl with Axes and Hoes in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: It is a Tradition for Migrant Traffickers to Not Stop after Police Signals them
- » Bulgaria: 9 Detained in Sliven Region during Police Operation against Domestic Crime and Vote Buying