Security Council at PM’s Office to OK Bulgaria’s 2020NATO Strategy
The Security Council at the caretaker Prime Minister’s office will hold an emergency sitting on August 27 on Bulgaria’s stance at the upcoming NATO summit in early September.
According to reports of 24 Hours daily, the emergency meeting was proposed by caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov, who noted that Bulgaria still lacked a strategy for its development as a NATO member state by 2020.
The strategy is to be discussed and adopted by the Council on Wednesday, with the participation of Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev or his representative, after which the caretaker government will have to approve it quickly so as to make it available by the summit in Newport, Wales on September 4-5.
The NATO summit is to be attended by President Rosen Plevneliev, caretaker Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov, and caretaker Defense Minister Velizar Shalamanov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Mediana": GERB leads with nearly 10% over “We Continue the Change” in Early Election Survey
- » Bulgaria will Not Recognize the Referendums in Ukraine
- » The Army has Increased the Intelligence and Surveillance in the Eastern Part of Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Partial State of Emergency Declared due to Migrant Pressure
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » Bulgarian Politician: Only our Party can Normalize Relations with Russia