Controlled Blasts of Old Ammunition Concluded in SE Bulgaria
The mass destruction of old ammunition at a blasted ammo depot in southeastern Bulgaria has been concluded, Wednesday.
Over the past few months, some 20 thousand dangerous pieces of ammunition have been destroyed in controlled explosions, Bulgarian Telegraph Agency reports.
By the end of the month the area around the ammo depot will be checked for remaining explosives, and then the depot will be closed down.
On June 5, a series of explosions occurred at a private-owned ammo site near the Petolachkata road junction close to Sliven. Three of the ammunition depot's employees were killed in the accident, ten people were injured.
The depot is owned by the Bereta Trading company.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » American Soldiers are coming to Bulgaria to Defend NATO's Eastern Flank
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: There is Real Danger that within 3-4 years We will Not be Able to Carry Out our Combat Duty Alone
- » Bulgaria is 67th in terms of Military Power. Who in the World is First?
- » Bulgaria will Repair its MiG-29 Fighters in Poland
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Pressure has Increased, but there are No Conditions for Concern
- » Bulgarian Defense Minister: 34 million dollars in Compensation have been agreed due to the Delay of F-16