Interior Minister, Kristalina Georgieva, to Visit Flood-Hit Mizia
Caretaker Interior Minister Yordan Bakalov and EU Commissioner Kristalina Geogirva will visit Wednesday the flood-hit northwestern town of Mizia.
Mizia was hit by massive flooding on August 3. The floods claimed two lives and caused substantial damage.
The two will get acquainted with operational developments, the work of rescue teams, the living conditions at the accommodation sites for the evacuees, and the damage caused by the floods.
At around 3pm, Georgieva and Bakalov will meet with locals, after which they will give a brief press conference, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
The lowest parts of Mizia are still under water, according to Ventsislav Vasilev, District Governor of Vratsa.
Vasilev said that the locals needed disinfectants, masks, rubber gloves, chemical toilets and non-perishable food items.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » American Companies - in fourth place among Investors in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » January 1, 2025 - Bulgaria’s New Target Date for Entry into the Eurozone
- » Brain Business Jobs in Bulgaria Grow Strongly
- » Bulgaria is 43rd in the World in terms of Economic Freedom