Bulgaria's Exports to Suffer Minor Losses from Russian Sanctions
Bulgaria's exports to Russia last year amounted to some BGN 1B, Plamen Dimitrov, President of the Confederation of Independent Trade Unions in Bulgaria, told Nova TV.
So far, the list of imported products that Moscow has banned will affect no more than 2% of Bulgarian exports - mainly of raw fruits and dairy products.
According to Dimitrov, Bulgaria's exports will suffer losses no greater than BGN 18-20M.
Data of the Ministry of Economy and Energy shows that almost one third of Bulgaria's exports to Russia are of pharmaceutical drugs, Dnes.bg informs.
According to Ognyan Donev, President of the Confederation of Employers and Industrialists in Bulgaria, it is unlikely that President Putin would impose an embargo on drugs imports.
On Thursday, Russia banned food imports from the EU, US, Australia, Canada and Norway in response to Western sanctions imposed over Moscow’s support for Ukrainian rebels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » IEA: Gas Consumption will Shrink because of Russia
- » Bulgaria: The Profit of Turkish Stream is BGN 83.5 million (EUR 42.7)
- » In the first Six Months of 2022, St. Nikola Wind Farm Generates 22% more Wind Power y/y
- » Inflation in Turkey Rises to 23-year High of nearly 79% in June
- » Bulgaria: One of our Reactors is expected to use a different Nuclear Fuel than the Russian one
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising