Bulgaria's Navy Needs New Ships, Submarines
Bulgaria's Navy need 2-3 new multifunctional ships, said the commander of the Bulgarian Navy, Rear Admiral Dimitar Denev, quoted by the BTA wire service.
The ships should be built in Bulgarian shipyards, because the current ones are old, Russian-made and do not comply with NATO standards. If they are built in Bulgaria, they would be cheaper and the maintenance would be easier, in Denev's words.
According to Denev, the new ships must be multifunctional – for defence of other ships, oil platforms and convoys and have a helicopter on board.
He said the Navy also needs new submarines. Currently the training of Bulgaria's navy staff takes place on Turkish submarines, because Bulgaria has zero submarines.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria already Covered a Third of Ukraine's Arms Needs during the War?
- » Bulgarian Security Services: Up to 10,000 Euros per Person are the Migrant Trafficking Rates
- » Defense Ministry: Bulgaria has Not Exported T-72 Tanks, S-300, MiG-29 or Su-25 to Ukraine
- » Christo Grozev: There are Risks of Russian Sabotage Activity in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian General: All of our Su-25 Aircraft are Home, at Bezmer Airport
- » Migrants along Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey - 5 Times More than in 2021