62% of Bulgarians Approve of EU Membership – Survey
Bulgarians are rather favorably inclined towards the country's EU membership and Schengen accession, according to a survey of the Open Society Institute – Sofia.
According to a nationwide survey of OSI-Sofia conducted in the period June 16 – July 6, 2014, around 62% of those polled assessed positively Bulgaria's EU membership, while 23% were opposed to it, and 14% expressed no opinion on the matter.
The biggest advantage of Bulgaria's EU membership was said to be the availability of more job opportunities (30%), followed by the free travel (16%) and access to EU funds (11%).
Bulgarians expressed positive views about Bulgaria's accession to Schengen, with a 57% rate of approval and a 12% of disapproval.
40% of those polled opposed the participation of Bulgaria in sanctions against other countries.
10% of the respondents backed harsher EU sanctions against Russia over its role in the crisis in Ukraine, while 21% opposed harsher sanctions.
28% of the polled agreed that the South Stream gas pipeline was to be built only with the approval of the European Commission, while 22% said that it had to be built regardless of the approval of the EC, and 9% claimed that it was not be built and as many as 41% had no opinion on the matter.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Delegation of European Parliament on Official Visit to Bulgaria
- » EC Warns Bulgaria of Non-compliance with he EU Regulations on Spring and Mineral Waters Trade
- » Sofia Wants EU to Take Bulgaria's Side in Dispute with North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Confers on EU Funds Frauds with Europol CEO
- » Delegation of European Parliament is Visiting Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's President with Video Address to 76th UN General Assembly in New York