Bulgarian Parties Spent BGN 12M in EU Elections Campaign
Bulgaria's Institute for Public Environment Development has introduced an analysis of the financial reports of all the parties which ran in this year's European Elections.
“Year after year we have been analyzing the reports and trying to monitor the campaign fundraising. It is not common in Bulgaria to seek transparency in campaign financing,” Antoaneta Tsoneva from the Institute told Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
“The campaign of Bulgaria without censorship party has established an all time record,” Tsoneva stressed. The coalition claimed it had received contributions from some 500 sources. The matter is the subject of an investigation. This has been the phenomenon of this electoral campaign.”
“The expenditures of all 23 parties which took part in this year's European elections come up to about BGN 12M, according to the reports. The share of subsidies as the main source of funding has increased by nearly 20 percent,” Tsoneva explained.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov: We Will Seek a Fair Update of Pensions, Third Month in a Row All 2.1 Million Pensioners Will Receive a Supplement
- » 2020 Rule of Law Report: The Level of Perceived Judicial Independence in Bulgaria Remains Low
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » Bulgaria's Council of Ministers and Political Parties Fined for Non-Compliance With Anti-Epidemic Measures
- » Bulgaria: Residents of 22 Town Halls and 2 Municipalities Elect a Mayor
- » Bulgaria:The Morbidity of COVID-19 Decreases, PM Resumes Weekly Media Briefings