Bulgarian Parties Spent BGN 12M in EU Elections Campaign
Bulgaria's Institute for Public Environment Development has introduced an analysis of the financial reports of all the parties which ran in this year's European Elections.
“Year after year we have been analyzing the reports and trying to monitor the campaign fundraising. It is not common in Bulgaria to seek transparency in campaign financing,” Antoaneta Tsoneva from the Institute told Bulgarian National Radio (BNR).
“The campaign of Bulgaria without censorship party has established an all time record,” Tsoneva stressed. The coalition claimed it had received contributions from some 500 sources. The matter is the subject of an investigation. This has been the phenomenon of this electoral campaign.”
“The expenditures of all 23 parties which took part in this year's European elections come up to about BGN 12M, according to the reports. The share of subsidies as the main source of funding has increased by nearly 20 percent,” Tsoneva explained.
- » PM Borissov: No Country that Adopts the Euro Becomes Poorer or Weaker as a Result
- » President Radev and SJC Members Held Consultations on Constitutional Changes
- » PM Borissov to Take Part in the Extraordinary Meeting of the European Council
- » President Rumen Radev: I Hope that if Bulgaria and Russia Show Political Will, Mutually-Beneficial Prices and Conditions for Natural Gas Supply Will be Achieved
- » Parliament in Paris has Begun Debates on the Controversial Pension Reform
- » Minister Nikolina Angelkova is on a Working Visit to Warsaw