Torrential Rains Kill One Near Bulgaria's Gabrovo
A 61-year-old woman was killed and her 39-year-old son went missing after the torrential rains on Monday night, report the Bulgarian-language media.
According to Gabrovo mayor Tanya Hristova, the ground floors of houses in villages in Gabrovo region were flooded. Electricity and water supply have been cut off.
Water supply in the Gabrovo industrial zone is also disrupted.
Meanwhile, Bulgaria's Ministry of Environment and Waters warns of potential high water levels in the tributaries of the Danube and risk of local floods.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kozloduy NPP Unit 5 Works Again, No Risk of Radioactive Contamination
- » Third Zimbabwean Minister Dies of COVID-19 within a Week
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 566 New Cases, 8 with the New Strain of COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: Ministry of Environment Slaps Stiff Fines on Polluting Mayors
- » UK Government Mulls Full Closure of Country’s Borders
- » Brazil Oxygen Supplies Running Short amid Second Covid Wave