Hamas Agrees to New 24-Hour Ceasefire in Gaza
Palestinian militant group Hamas has agreed to a 24-hour U.N.-mediated ceasefire.
The announcement came hours after Israel resumed its offensive in Gaza on Sunday because of continuing rocket fire from Gaza, according to reports of the BBC News.
Hamas Spokesman Sami Abu Zuhri declared that the ceasefire would start at 14:00 local time.
However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made clear in an interview for CNN that Hamas had already violated its own ceasefire.
The death toll in the conflict, which has been raging since July 8, includes over 1000 Palestinians, mostly civilians, and 43 Israeli soldiers and two civilians.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tomorrow Putin will Sign the Annexation Agreements of One Fifth of Ukraine
- » Taliban sign deal for Russian Oil, Gas and Wheat at Discounted Rate
- » Day 218 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Half of the Nord Stream Gas Leaked into the Baltic Sea
- » EU might Stop Membership Talks with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Minister: In Croatia they see the Adoption of the Euro as a Way to be Part of Europe’s Heart
- » Kosovo PM: Conflict with Serbia is a Possibility