President Rosen Plevneliev Urges Full Disclosure of 'KTB Files'
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev urged in a televised address to Parliament on Friday the full disclosure of the “KTB files”.
He demanded a full and detailed audit of the “hole” in the troubled Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB) – by Bulgarian institutions and international audit companies.
“Our children will not forgive us if we don't disclose the ”KTB files”,” Plevneliev told the MPs and hide the "connections of KTB with politicians, magistrates and public figures". “It will be strategic error for the country if we sweep under the carpet the facts and let KTB be peddled.”
Plevneliev urged the Bulgarian National Bank (BNB), the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC), the National Revenue Agency (NRA), the prosecution, the conflict of interest commission and the commission for illegally acquired assets to cooperate in full and “get the job completed”.
This, according to the President, includes full review of the assets, evaluation of the financial security of each and every credit, given by KTB, and establishing of the size of the “hole”. He added that the international legal cooperation could help in checking each offshore company to find the KTB money.
President Plevneliev also urged Parliament to carry out the three priority tasks he outlined on Thursday – to update of the state budget, to allow the caretaker government to conclude contracts for international loans and to take measures for returning the trust in BNB.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend