Dutch Call for Deportation of Putin's Daughter From the Netherlands
Outraged Dutch people called for the deportation of Russian president Vladimir Putin's daughter Maria from the Netherlands, reports the New York Post.
According to the media Maria Putina lives in the Hague affluent suburb Voorschoten with her boyfriend Jorrit Faassen.
Ukrainians living in the Netherlands were planning to protest outside Maria’s swanky apartment, and Dutch Twitter users targeted the pretty blonde, with one fuming, “Its time you leave B*TCH” over her photo.
Pieter Broertjes, the mayor of Hilversum — where the victims’ bodies are being taken for identification — suggested during a radio interview that Maria get the boot over the attack that killed 298 people. “We could also deport Putin’s daughter from the Netherlands, because she lives in the Netherlands. Then you will have a totally different signal to give,” Broertjes said.
He later apologized on Twitter, saying his remarks were “unwise” and came from a “feeling of helplessness that many will recognize.”
Meanwhile, the Polish government decided to cancel the year of bilateral celebration with Russia.
"This is a decision of the government. Foreign Minister Radoslaw Sikorski and Culture Minister Malgorzata Omilanowska categorically decided that in the current political situation, and because of everything that is happening in Ukraine, in a situation in which a plane has been shot down, it will be impossible to hold the Year of Poland in Russia," the BBC reported Thursday, citing government spokeswoman Malgorzata Kidawa-Blo?ska.
As a result of the government's decision, all events that were set to be held as part of the year of bilateral celebration will be cancelled.
The Russian-Polish cross-cultural year was set in motion at a meeting between the two countries' foreign ministers in December 2013 in Warsaw. Its aim was to strengthen cultural ties between the two countries.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Poland and the Czech Republic introduce Checks on the Slovak Border
- » The European Commission expects Harmful Emissions in the EU to be Reduced by at least 90% by 2040
- » Day 587 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Prigozhin’s Son takes control of Wagner
- » Tensions between India and Canada: New Delhi Expelled 41 Canadian Diplomats
- » The EC received Bulgaria's revised Recovery and Sustainability Plan on September 30
- » Day 586 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The EU is convening a Historic Meeting of All Foreign Ministers in Kyiv