Damage Claims After Heavy Hailstorm in Sofia Worth Over BGN 100M
Damages from the devastating hailstorm that hit Bulgaria's Sofia about 2 weeks ago will cost insurance companies more than BGN 100M.
So far, the big companies only have received damage claims for nearly 50,000 vehicles and the average compensation amounts to BGN 2,000 – BGN 4,000, Nova TV reports.
According to the experts, however, the number of cars damaged by the hail is much higher. The deadline for submitting damage claims has almost expired in some of the companies, but most of the insurers will accept claims until the end of the month.
Companies are expected to start paying compensations by the middle of next week. Repairs in the workshops, however, will be done until at least the beginning of next year and there may be delays, Nova TV informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Facebook's Name will be Changed, According to a Technology Publication
- » Bulgaria: How Long will the Price of Living Continue to Rise?
- » Bulgaria’s Businesses: Dissatisfaction with the Rules for "Green Certificates”
- » Taxes and Fees Reduced en masse in Europe as Measures Against High Electricity Prices
- » Bulgarian Restaurateur: There is No Way to Check Customers for Green Certificates
- » Bulgaria’s Government Announces Measures to Compensate Businesses for High Electricity Prices