Bulgaria's Euroroma Threatens Blockades on Major Roads
The Euroroma party posed an ultimatum to the Stara Zagora Mayor Zhivko Todorov the stop the demolition of illegal Roma houses in the city, reports news.bg.
The party threatened that its supporters will block the major roads in the country, unless the demolition was stopped immediately. According to the party, the actions of the municipality were in violation of a ruling of the European Court of Human Rights, which was mandatory.
Meanwhile, the Bulgarian Helsinki Committee human rights organisation also condemned the actions of the Stara Zagora city hall and threatened to sue the state.
According to the NGO, the state was “practicing institutional racist violence”.
The operation for the demolition of the illegal Roma houses in the Stara Zagora Lozenets district continues today. On Monday the municipal authorities, supported by police in riot gear, bulldozed a little over 30 of the 55 condemned houses.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria is in the Top 50 Most Visited Countries in Google Street View in 2021
- » 1/3 of the Signals for Dangerous Foods in the EU are from Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 316 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Author is Nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature
- » Bulgaria: By the End of May 7,000 Ukrainian Refugees will be Moved from Varna to other Cities
- » Employee of a Funeral Agency is Detained in Relations to the 7 Bodies found near Sofia