Bus Carrying 50 Belarusian Children Overturns Near Bulgaria’s Varna
Passenger bus carrying about 50 children from Belarus, has overturned Saturday on the road between Bulgaria’s Black Sea city of Varna and Ruse.
The bus has fallen into a ditch, fortunately no children were injured, BGNES reports. The accident occurred near the village of Bazan at about 7 am, Saturday.
According to the initial information, the driver felt sick and lost control of the bus. Three ambulances, a fire brigade, and civil protection teams have been immediately sent at the scene of the accident.
The driver, who is a Bulgarian national, was taken to the hospital for examinations.
The carrier has sent another bus to take the children to Belarus. They were returning from a holiday in Bulgaria’s resort of Kiten.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tackling Bulgaria's Digital Literacy Gap: Minister's Urgent Call to Action
- » Georgi Gospodinov's 'Time Shelter' Enters New York University's Literary Canon
- » Bulgarian Double Transplant Recipient Conquers Mount Kilimanjaro’s Peak
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 198 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Artists Protest Low Budget: Demand Higher Pay and Cultural Funding