Russian Military Shoots Down Ukrainian Fighter Jet
A Russian military plane shot down a Ukrainian jet fighter over Ukrainian territory, reports the Ukrainian wire agency Unian.
The pilot ejected successfully and is uninjured, the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council spokesman Andriy Lysenko said Thursday.
Lysenko told reporters that the "provocation" occurred Wednesday evening. He said the pilot of the Su-25 assault aircraft was not injured and was rescued by Ukrainian military units.
"A military plane of the Russian Armed Forces launched a missile strike against a Su-25 aircraft of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, which performed tasks on Ukrainian territory," Lysenko said, according to the Unian. "Our plane was shot down."
According to Lysenko, the plane was on a mission over the town of Amvrosievka and was hit by an air-to-air missile in the tail. The missile reportedly was fired by Russian planes patrolling the nearby border.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities
- » OPEC+ will continue Oil Output Cuts as Prices remain Unchanged
- » A Faulty Switch may have caused India's Deadliest Train Crash
- » Day 466 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 20 Injured after Russian Attack in Dnipro
- » The VP of the European Parliament: Bulgaria has done its Homework for Schengen