French Citizen, Wife, Arrested After Demanding Clarity on KTB Deposits
A French citizen and his Bulgarian wife were arrested in Stara Zagora when they tried to get information on their assets in the Corporate Commercial Bank (KTB), reports BNR.
According to the public radio, on Wednesday morning the couple, whose assets have been blocked in KTB since June 20, turned up in front of a bank office and asked to meet with the manager. He invited them in for a conversation and they refused to leave until some solution for their frozen assets was found.
Reportedly the wife, Miglena Tancheva, went out to talk to the media and was not let back in the bank. Consequently she tried setting car tyres on fire in order to attract public attention, but was arrested.
Tancheva told the media her husband and her deposited a large sum of money from the sale of an apartment in France in KTB and came back to live in Bulgaria. Since Tancheva was currently unemployed, her family was relying on the money in the bank to cover their basic needs.
“We are ordinary depositors,” she said. “All our money is in the bank. We cannot withdraw a penny because our assets are blocked. As far as I understand, this can continue for another three months. Nowhere in the contract is mentioned that our money can be blocked for up to six months. This is a highway robbery.”
It is yet unclear if charges will be pressed against the couple.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year