Bulgaria's Customs Destroy 28 Million Illicit Cigarettes
Over 28 million cigarettes intended for illegal distribution have been destroyed, the press center of Bulgaria's Customs Agency announced.
The illicit cigarettes were burned in the furnaces of Holcim Bulgaria under the supervision of the Southwestern customs office. The cigarettes were of various brands and did not have Bulgarian excise bands, specified by the Agency.
The illicit excise goods were seized in recent years by the Customs at the checkpoints Logodazh, Zlatarevo and Gueshevo, as well as at Kulata and Ilinden.
The confiscation of the cigarettes has prevented damage to the budget of more than BGN 5.2M from excise duty.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation