Bandits Loot Samsung Plant in Brazil
Authorities in Brazil say a group of bandits raided a Samsung electronics factory and made off with about USD 36 M worth of cellphones and computers, reports AP.
The dramatic heist, carried out by armed robbers who carjacked a shuttle used by factory employees, took place overnight on Monday during nearly four hours in Campinas in the southeastern state of Sao Paulo.
A spokesman for the state's public security secretariat said the bandits made off with seven trucks laden with more than 40 000 Samsung products – smartphones, tablets and laptops. State police are investigating the attack, he added, but said no suspects have yet been identified.
A spokesman for Samsung in Sao Paulo confirmed the heist but said police estimates for the value of the stolen goods were too high. He said roughly 100 employees were present at the factory and held hostages during the robbery, but declined to give further details.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium