Italy's Ambassador Vows Support for Bulgaria's Schengen Bid
Italy's Ambassador to Bulgaria Marco Conticelli has vowed support for the Schengen bids of Bulgaria and Romania during Italy's Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
Italy holds the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union in the period July-December 2014.
In a Friday interview for the Bulgarian National Radio, Italy's Ambassador to Bulgaria argued that the two countries were prepared to join the Schengen Area.
He said that Italy would strive to bring the Schengen bids of the two countries back on the agenda of debates between the foreign ministers of the EU countries so as to achieve a consensus decision.
A number of countries oppose the stage-by-stage abolition of internal border control due to Bulgaria's poor results in the reports under the Co-operation and Verification Mechanism on the progress in the spheres of justice and home affairs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria