Bulgarian Authorities Apprehend Wanted for Terrorism Belgian Citizen
A Belgian citizen, wanted for terrorism, was apprehended by Bulgarian authorities upon trying to enter Bulgaria at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint with Turkey, reports Nova TV.
According to the reports, he is wanted for participation in terrorist organisation and on his name is issued an international extradition order.
The 24-year-old man is from Congo but has Belgian citizenship. He told the border police he was wounded in battle at the Turkish-Syrian border.
According to medics, his condition is serious – he suffers from open fractures of the legs, burns and infected wounds. He was taken to the Haskovo hospital where the court placed him under arrest.
According to Nova TV, the man was a jihad warrior, member of an Al Quaeda related organisation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police
- » Bulgaria: Six People were detained after a Mass Fight in in Kardzhali - A Girl was Injured