Immigrant Influx to Bulgaria 'On the Rise' - IntMin
The tide of refugees flocking to Bulgaria has been growing again over the past few weeks, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev announced.
He told a Parliament Committee that lately at least 150 to 200 people were sent back from the border every day.
Those illegally crossing the border still managed to find places where the border fence between Bulgaria and Turkey built to curb immigrants' influx was not finished, website News.bg quoted him as saying.
He ascribed the results to the developments in Iraq, where the humanitarian situation has severely deteriorated and hundreds of thousands have either left the country or become internally displaced people (IDPs) amid a conflict between Baghdad forces and insurgents led by rebels from the Islamic State (formerly known as ISIS).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend