Former GERB MP Krasimir Stefanov Leaves Parliament
Bulgarian MP Krasimir Stefanov announced he was leaving the parliament and requested the termination of his powers as a deputy,
Tuesday. Stefanov was a member of the center-right opposition GERB party, however a few months ago he left the parliamentary group and became an independent MP, BGNES reminds.
On leaving the party of GERB Stefanov said: "I become an independent MP, so that finally something in this parliament depends on me, as I am disappointed by the way it functions. I only see nonsense and political attacks and no expert attitude towards the projects. In my opinion, the agenda of the parliament, the way in which parliamentary groups act, the way MPs speak and vote depends on no more than 10 people,” Dnevnik reported.
The news of Stefanov's resignation comes on the same date as Bulgaria’s ultranationalist Ataka party leader Volen Siderov announced his MPs will not enter anymore parliament sessions.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend