Germany Lowers Subsidies for 'Green' Electricity
German Parliament adopted Friday legal changes curtailing subsidies allocated to renewable energy producers.
Bundestag members took the move after an unprecedented threefold increase of state aid for the sector in just four years.
Sigmar Gabriel, leader of the socialist party (SPD) which is the Christian Democrats' partner in the ruling broad coalition, was quoted by daily Bild as assuring Berlin is keeping in sight the 2050 target of a 80-percent share of renewables in the energy mix.
The decision was approved with 454 to 123 votes, with only six MPs choosing to abstain.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Almost the Entire Management of "Bulgargaz" has been Replaced
- » North Macedonia to Introduce Electricity Saving Measures
- » The Price of Gas in Germany will Increase by about 2.5 Euro cents
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: A Decision on Negotiations with "Gazprom" can be Expected in a Week At the Earliest
- » Mayor Fandakova: The Heating Season for Sofia Residents will be Ensured
- » Germany to Reduce Heating in Public Buildings to 19 Degrees