Bulgarian Pleven Municipality Warns of Dangerously Dilapidated Bridges
The two bridges at the exit of Bulgaria's city of Pleven on the main road to Sofia are in a dangerous condition, the expertise commissioned by the local municipality has showed.
"The old bridge is so rutty that the ballast is missing and the bridge simply vibrates, and the supporting column of the new bridge in the direction of Sofia has been cracked," the Mayor Dimitar Stoykov said, cited by Bulgaria's National Radio (BNR).
The poor state of the facilities has been established after the first rainfalls this spring. A 30 km speed limit was introduced, and overtaking on the bridges is banned.
The repair of the facilities will cost about BGN 1.1M, BNR informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian Orthodox Church celebrates the Annunciation
- » "Earth Hour" - We turn off the Lights and Shine a Light on the Problem of Endangered Animal Species
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 148 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria has the Lowest GDP per capita in the EU
- » We move the Clocks forward an Hour on Sunday
- » Bulgaria: The Zoo in Burgas acquired New Exotic Rodents