Lot 2 of Struma Motorway to Be Completed in March 2015
Lot 2 of the Struma motorway is to be ready in March 2015, according to Bulgarian Regional Development Minister Desislava Terzieva.
Speaking during an inspection of the motorway section on Monday, she said that her first impressions of the construction works were excellent and that everything was going to schedule.
Terzieva, as cited by investor.bg, said that there were 14 archaeological sites in Lot 2 (Dupnitsa – Blagoevgrad) for which a total of BGN 4.7 M had been allocated.
She said that the archaeological excavations were to be wrapped up by end-July at the latest.
Bulgaria's Regional Development Minister said that the project for Lot 2 envisaged four road junctions, including Dupnitsa-Yug, Boboshevo, Kocherinovo, and Blagoevgrad.
She announced that the deadline for the completion of Lot 4 of the Struma motorway (Sandanski – Kulata border crossing point) was October 2014, while the 15km tunnel in the Kresna Gorge for Lot 3 was still being designed.
In end-April, professional organizations in the sphere of construction and road safety insisted that the construction of the Kresna Gorge tunnel was unrealistic, inappropriate and economically unfeasible, stressing that it involved expensive construction works and annual maintenance costs of over BGN 50 M.
The contractor of Lot 2 is Struma-Lot 2 Consortium and the construction contract is worth nearly BGN 359 M, VAT included
The contractor of Lot 4 is Aktor ASD and the contract is worth over BGN 67 M, VAT included.
The Struma motorway is to be launched in 2022.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Bulgarian Exports to Turkey Increase by over 32%
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days