Romania Ready to Send Equipment to Flood-Damaged Bulgaria
Romania is ready to provide teams and equipment to the flood-hit areas in Bulgaria, the state secretary at the Romanian Transport Ministry Iulian Matache announced.
Varna Airport has provided pumps to be used for draining the Asparuhovo district. The Port of Varna has also sent equipment and teams to the residential district that was hit by torrential rain and heavy floods, Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport informs.
The National Railway Infrastructure Company emergency teams are in a state of continuous readiness. The company is prepared for coordinated actions with the civil protection teams to help injured people and flooded settlements.
The ports of Burgas and Varna are operating normally. Varna's access channel is closed for vessels. Currently the Maritime Administration Agency is inspecting the channel for fallen cars washed away by floods and has created the necessary arrangements for securing it.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » World's Third Largest Diamond Unearthed in Botswana
- » How to Prepare for Vacation in Bulgaria?
- » Overfishing Poses Serious Hazard to Black Sea Fish Populations
- » Greece Sets Daring Experiment – Whole Aegean Island Goes Completely Green
- » European Environment Agency Released Beaches and Bathing Water Ranking: Where Is Bulgaria?
- » Iceberg Larger Than Majorca Broke off from Northern Edge of Antarctica