Bulgaria to Hold Day of Mourning for the Flood Victims in Varna
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has declared June 23 a national day of mourning for the victims of the floods in the Black Sea city of Varna.
The Bulgarian government has expressed condolences to the relatives of the victims.
National flags at all public institutions will fly at half-mast.
The unprecedented floods in the Varna district of Asparuhovo claimed at least 9 lives, including two children, but the death toll is expected to reach 11.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tackling Bulgaria's Digital Literacy Gap: Minister's Urgent Call to Action
- » Georgi Gospodinov's 'Time Shelter' Enters New York University's Literary Canon
- » Bulgarian Double Transplant Recipient Conquers Mount Kilimanjaro’s Peak
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 198 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snow Expected in the Northwest, Rainfall to Ease Up
- » Artists Protest Low Budget: Demand Higher Pay and Cultural Funding