Record Wheat Yield Expected In Bulgaria
This year's wheat yield in Bulgaria is expected to reach 5 M tons, said Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
This would be the largest harvest for the past several years, surpassing last year's record of 4.7 M tons.
According to Grekov, the main reason for the record yield are the additional 11 M decares sown under bread wheat.
Agriculture Ministry data shows that the unusually wet spring has not harmed much the crops. Most of the damage from heavy rains and hail is on 32 000 decares – in the regions of Pleven, Stara Zagora, Yambol and Kazanlak.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria's Prоsecutor General under Fire again
- » Vacccination Rate in Bulgaria Lower than Officially Reported
- » EasyJet with Routes to 30 Countries in August
- » North Macedonia Must Do away with Discrimination against Bulgarian Minority
- » Presidents of Austia and Bulgaria Discuss Topical Issues
- » Tourists from Romania 46.7 Percent of All EU Visitors to Bulgaria