Record Wheat Yield Expected In Bulgaria
This year's wheat yield in Bulgaria is expected to reach 5 M tons, said Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov.
This would be the largest harvest for the past several years, surpassing last year's record of 4.7 M tons.
According to Grekov, the main reason for the record yield are the additional 11 M decares sown under bread wheat.
Agriculture Ministry data shows that the unusually wet spring has not harmed much the crops. Most of the damage from heavy rains and hail is on 32 000 decares – in the regions of Pleven, Stara Zagora, Yambol and Kazanlak.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Forecast for Economic Growth in 2022
- » Bulgaria: 7.8% Annual Inflation in December
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Kraken Cryptocurrency Exchange: Bulgaria owns $10 billion Bitcoin
- » UN: Recovering Employment could take Years
- » Price of housing in Bulgaria has risen by more than the EU average since 2010