Bulgarian Among Arrested Jihadist Recruiters in Spain – Report
A Bulgarian citizen is among the 10 men arrested on Monday in Spain for allegedly recruiting juhadist fighters for Iraq and Syria, reports AP.
Eight of the arrested are Moroccan, one is Bulgarian and one – Argentinian. Their names are not divulged by the authorities.
The arrested are suspected of recruiting militants for Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) forces who have seized much of northern Iraq, including a former fighter in Afghanistan once held at the U.S. Guantanamo Bay prison, Spain's Interior Ministry said on Monday.
The men had helped to send recruits through to the Middle East where they would join the ISIL insurgency, the ministry said in a statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: 12 Migrants crammed into a Car were Detained in the Harmanlii village of Bulgarin
- » Bulgaria: A Man Killed his Wife and Daughter, then took His Own Life
- » Action in Bulgaria: Police Chase and Shooting near a Business Building in Sofia - A Boy was Killed
- » Bulgaria’s Interior Minister: There is Still No Suspect for the Murder of Alexei Petrov
- » Bulgaria: A Man Beat a Woman he lives with in Svishtov and Cut her Hair
- » Bulgarian Police caught a Large Group of Migrants near Kazichene