Bulgarian Railway Co Prepares Varna-Bucharest High-Speed Train Project
A project for a high-speed train connecting Bulgaria's Varna to Romania's Bucharest is being prepared at the National Railway Infrastructure Company.
The first stage of the project envisages the reconstruction of the rail line Varna – Ruse, for which a tender procedure is to be called in the second half of the year, according to reports of Trud daily.
The projected value of the section amounts to EUR 898 M and the funding is to be supplied through operational program "Transport".
An average of 780 passengers daily travel by train along the oldest rail line in Bulgaria at present.
At the same time, Danube Bridge 1 is crossed by some 3000 cars, 2000 trucks and 100 buses a day.
If the high-speed train project is implemented, it will take around 3 hours to cover the distance between Varna and Bucharest.
- » The EU Passenger Car Market Grew by 8.7% in October 2019
- » Bulgarian Bilateral Trade with the United States Reached $ 1 Billion
- » Volkswagen Will Decide whether to Build its New Plant in Turkey by the End of the Year
- » You Can Rent a Room for $ 1 at a Japanese Hotel
- » Bulgaria and Egypt Will Share Experience in the Field of Tourism
- » What To Know Before Starting A Beauty Business In 2020