Makaza Border Crossing Point to Get 2 Extra Lanes for Trucks
Biser Nikolov, District Governor of Karzdhali, has requested two extra lanes for freight vehicles at the Makaza border crossing point.
Nikolov suggested that the scales for TIR trucks had to be installed at these lanes.
"The lack of a sufficient number of traffic lanes is an omission in the designing of the newest border crossing point on the Greek border. This is why the project for the two lanes and the truck scales is being developed, with funding talks underway with Greece" he commented, according to econ.bg.
The expansion of the Makaza border crossing point on the Bulgarian-Greek border is necessary to cope with the anticipated heavy traffic, which is to reach a peak in the summer months.
The Makaza border crossing point registered very intense traffic during the Easter holidays and in early May 2014, when over 200 vehicles per hour passed through the Makaza border crossing point, according to reports of Standard daily.
At present, only vehicles of up to 3.5 tonnes can cross the Makaza border crossing point.
Ten months after its launch, the Makaza border crossing point proved to be one of the busiest border crossing points at Bulgaria's southern border.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourist Season in Greece Officially Opened, See What Entry Rules Are
- » Over Third of Rose Plantations in Bulgaria Could Remain Unharvested
- » Greece Is Cautiously Optimistic about Tourism Recovery This Summer
- » EU Tourism Summit to Decide on Sector’s Transformation and Sustainability
- » Bitcoin plunges 15% after Musk Tweets Tesla Will Not Accept It as Payment
- » EU: Draconian Restrictions on Travel from India To Contain Spread of Lethal Covid-19 Strain