Reformist Bloc: We Have Evidence of Secret Deal on South Stream
Bulgaria's Reformist Bloc (an alliance of democratic parties) says it has obtained evidence about a secret agreement between Bulgaria and Gazprom on the South Stream project.
The agreement is believed to have been signed three days after the May 25 European elections.
"We possess clear evidence and documents, showing that the Bulgarian government and the Russian Gazprom signed an agreement 3 days after the EU elections", Petar Moskov from the Reformist Bloc (RB) revealed, quoted by Vesti.bg.
Moskov, however, did not specify what the nature of the agreement was.
The RB's claims shed further confusion on what exactly is happening with the South Stream project.
Last week, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski ordered a suspension of all activities related to the South Stream gas pipeline, until they fell in line with EU law. On Thursday, however, Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov said that the project had not been frozen, and such a decision would not be in the Prime Minister's powers.
The RB has vowed to expose more infringements of the Oresharski cabinet linked to South Stream.
- » Rosatom Company to Modernize Kozloduy NPP
- » US Delegation Visited “ContourGlobal Maritza East 3” TPP
- » Minister of Energy Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria is Integral Part of the Southern Gas Corridor
- » Temenuzhka Petkova: Bulgaria will Continue to Rely on its Coal Plants
- » Renewable Energy Accounted for 21% of the Total Energy Used for Heating and Cooling in the EU
- » Energy expert Ilian Vasilev: Maritsa East – 2 TPP has a future