Deposits in Bulgaria Generate Highest Revenue in 6 Years
Revenues arising from bank deposits have recorded the highest rates in 6 years, according to data by Bulgaria's National Bank and the National Statistical Institute.
For the last year, every BGN 100 on deposit has generated a revenue of BGN 5.50, nearly two-thirds of it coming from the interest and the rest is due to the negative inflation rates, Bulgarian 24 Chasa infroms.
According to the Statistical Institute data, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) for April 2014 was -1.6% on an annual basis. The average interest rate on deposits for the same period was 3.63% in EUR and 4.1% in BGN. Therefore, consumers saving in BGN have made higher profit.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » What is EBRD's Economic Forecast for Bulgaria
- » Crypto Glossary- a Rundown with all the Vocabulary necessary to learn in the Crypto Industry
- » Is It A Good Idea To Trade USDC
- » Half of Bulgarians Do Not Approve of the Euro: Top 3 Eurozone Skeptics
- » Financial Advise for UK Expats Worldwide
- » Bulgaria: The Acceleration of Inflation Slows Down in August