Bulgaria Asks for Increased NATO Military Presence
Bulgaria's government asked NATO for more active use of the Bulgarian-US military bases in the country and increased number of NATO troops, said Defense Minister Angel Naidenov.
On Thursday he announced that during the meeting of the NATO member states defense ministers earlier this week, he asked for a higher number of multinational military exercises in Bulgaria, including in the air space and the territorial waters.
Earlier this week US President Barack Obama said he was drafting a USD 1 B increase in the funding of the US military presence in Eastern Europe.
“We are yet to make the calculations and only then it will become clear what share of this sum will be allocated for exercises in Bulgaria,” Naidenov said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » PM Borissov: Bulgaria May Purchase Eight More F-16 Block 70 Aircrafts From Lockheed Martin
- » General Emil Tonev is the New Head of Bulgaria's National Service for Protection
- » Another 1,000 US Troops to be Send to Poland
- » US Troops to be Send to Bulgaria and Romania
- » Terrorist Attack Was Prevented in Russia
- » US Military Helicopters Will Fly Over Bulgaria