Austria Supports Bulgaria’s Schengen Bid
Austria's Foreign Minister Sebastian Kurz assesses positively Bulgaria's progress for Schengen area accession.
Kurz voiced his support for Bulgaria's entrance into Schengen during a meeting with his counterpart Kristian Vigenin in Vienna, Standartnews reported.
The two ministers also discussed the South Stream gas pipeline, and agreed that it is indispensable to Europe's energy security.
On the topic of immigration and refugees, Vigenin outlined that the EU needs to conduct a broader policy, not just targeted at border security and integration, but also supporting directly the countries in conflict.
Both Vigenin and Kurz shared their vision of EU-enlargement into the Western Balkans, as well as the importance of good neighborly relations.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Fifty People Protested in front of the Bulgarian Embassy in Skopje
- » Foreign Minister: Joining the OECD is Bulgaria's most Serious Integration Effort after the EU and NATO
- » Russian Senator: Bulgaria should Freeze because it is an Unfriendly Country
- » Bulgaria Suspends Visas for Russians with Property in Bulgaria and for Tourists from Russia
- » Russia Expelled 14 Bulgarian Diplomats
- » The Russian Ambassador expressed Hope that things will Change in Bulgaria