Bulgaria's Sofia Municipality Sends Aid to Bosnian Flood Victims
Bulgaria's Sofia Municipality has sent humanitarian aid to 30 families who were affected by the recent floods in Bosnia's capital Sarajevo.
The initiative is under the patronage of Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova and will help 30 families who lost their homes in the heavy floods in Sarajevo.
They will receive new stoves, refrigerators, washing machines and beds, the website of Sofia Municipality informs.
The domestic appliances are provided by companies members of the Confederation of Employers and Industrialists in Bulgaria, and the transport – by the National Association of the Bulgarian Road Carriers.
Sofia Municipality has contacted the victims of the floods in Belgrade, Zagreb and Sarajevo under the initiative of Mayor Yordanka Fandakova.
Meanwhile, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) estimated the damages from the devastating floods in Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina at around EUR 3B.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Researchers Reveal how Bone Health is Associated with Dementia
- » Bulgaria Ranks 77th in the World in Terms of Happiness
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 150 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Rains will Mostly Stop and Sunny Weather will prevail over Bulgaria
- » Photos of Jackson Pollock's Painting that was Found in Bulgaria
- » Pollock's Painting, found in Bulgaria, was part of Ceausescu's Personal Collection