State of Emergency Declared in Siberia Over Floods
State of emergency has been issued in the Republic of Altai and Khakassia over floods caused by torrential rains in the past four days.
Rescue teams of the Russian Emergencies Ministry and local authorities have organized evacuation of the population from flooded houses with 119 people taken to temporary shelters and 406 relocated, Itar-Tass reports.
The floods have destroyed 12 bridges, thus transport communication with eleven villages has been disrupted, the Ministry said.
Two Ilyushin Il-76 planes were sent to Siberia carrying rescue equipment, KAMAZ trucks and boats. Rescue operations involve 693 people, 147 vehicles and a Mi-8 helicopter.
Besides, an alert regime has been announced in Tuva and Buryatia. The flood may develop into Yakutia and partly into the Amur region.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 344 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians hit Kramatorsk, Von der Leyen visits Kyiv
- » Poland: Distrust of Germany is Growing because of its Policy towards Ukraine
- » Netanyahu again Pushed Aside Negotiations with the Palestinians, Israel launched New Strikes in Gaza
- » Von der Leyen: Managing the Bulgarian-Turkish Border is the Most Urgent Task for Strengthening EU's Land Borders
- » Erdogan is not backing down on Sweden's NATO Membership
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation in the Eurozone Fell to 8.5% in January