Viktor Yanukovych to Respect Choice of Ukrainians
Ukraine's former president Viktor Yanukovych says he will respect the results of Sunday's presidential elections.
"No matter in what region and what percentage of the population came to the polls, which choice you have made, I respect this choice that has been made in the most difficult time for our Motherland", Yanukovych said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
However, the former leader did not miss to point out that voters in the eastern part of the country had not been able to vote.
"I would like to note that the participation of the south-east of our country is needed to make the elections and the president himself legitimate. Many voters of these regions have been insulted and humiliated by the actions of the illegitimate "authorities" which came to power as a result of a military coup", Yanukovych added.
Confectionery tycoon Petro Poroshenko claimed victory in Sunday's presidential elections, with 55% of the vote according to preliminary counts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France: 16 Coronavirus High-Risk Countries with a Compulsary Testing on Arrival
- » Donald Trump Suggests Delay to 2020 US Election, Republicans: You Can't Delay It
- » Britain Tightens Measures Against COVID-19
- » European Commission Signs Contract with Gilead to Secure EU Access to Remdesivir
- » Belgium, Greece, Germany and Austria Tighten Measures Against the Coronavirus
- » Ukrainian President Recommends Joaquin Phoenix's Film to End Hours-Long Hostage Siege