Viktor Yanukovych to Respect Choice of Ukrainians
Ukraine's former president Viktor Yanukovych says he will respect the results of Sunday's presidential elections.
"No matter in what region and what percentage of the population came to the polls, which choice you have made, I respect this choice that has been made in the most difficult time for our Motherland", Yanukovych said in a statement, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
However, the former leader did not miss to point out that voters in the eastern part of the country had not been able to vote.
"I would like to note that the participation of the south-east of our country is needed to make the elections and the president himself legitimate. Many voters of these regions have been insulted and humiliated by the actions of the illegitimate "authorities" which came to power as a result of a military coup", Yanukovych added.
Confectionery tycoon Petro Poroshenko claimed victory in Sunday's presidential elections, with 55% of the vote according to preliminary counts.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 390 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Xi Jinping visits Moscow
- » Saudi Arabia's King invites the President of Iran to visit Riyadh
- » North Korea is Rehearsing Nuclear Strikes against the US and South Korea
- » Switzerland: Liquidity Aid for UBS and Credit Suisse “Not a Bailout”
- » By 2050: The Population in 61 countries, including Bulgaria, will Decrease
- » Day 389 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin visited occupied Mariupol