Bulgaria to Build New Museum of Aviation at Bozhurishte Airport
Bulgaria will have a new museum of aviation on the territory of the Bozhurishte airport.
The agreement was signed Monday by Vasil Vasilev, Deputy Minister of Culture, and the owner of the terrain, an Italian consortium, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
Vasilev emphasized in a statement that the building would be accessible to all citizens and would demonstrate the striving to preserve history and culture.
The Italian company will cover the expenses for the construction of the museum and will subsequently donate it to the Ministry of Culture.
Under the project, historic aircraft will be exhibited at the new Museum of Bulgarian Aviation, with the National History Museum taking care of the transportation of some of the airplanes.
The building currently located on the site is the first airport in Sofia and it will be renovated to turn into a museum.
Two existing monuments will also be taken to the museum, including the monument dedicated to deceased paratroopers and a monument commemorating Bulgarian pilots.
The buildings and the respective technical infrastructure will be located on an exhibition area of around 3600 square meters and the new museum will be part of the National History Museum and will be headed by Prof. Bozhidar Dimitrov.
The cost of the new aviation museum has been estimated at several hundred thousand euro but no final estimate is available yet.
The deadline for the completion of the project has not been specified but the terrain is to be prepared within a few weeks' time.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » Bulgarians Celebrate May 24 - Day of the Bulgarian Alphabet, Literature and Culture
- » Bulgarian Author Georgi Gospodinov Won the "Booker" Prize for "Time Shelter”
- » Bulgaria: Over 100 Publishing Houses will Participate in the Spring Book Fair in Sofia
- » Today: Many Museums and Galleries in Bulgaria will participate in the "European Night of Museums” - Free Entrance
- » Bulgarians Celebrate St. George's Day - The Day of Courage and the Bulgarian Army