Ten Bulgarians Detained for Credit Card Fraud
Bulgarian police have detained 10 people in connection with credit card frauds, as part of a special operation.
The operation codenamed "Lyon" was conducted in Varna, Razgrad, and Silistra, where 29 suspected addresses were checked, Standartnews revealed.
"We have come across skimming devices, cloned credit cards, large sums of cash, and documents for transactions in Malaysia, Indonesia, and the Philippines", Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov revealed.
All the credit and debit cards were property of EU and US citizens.
The operation was jointly conducted between Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security (DANS), the Prosecution, Europol, and the French police.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia