Sofia City Court Adjourns Final Hearing in Ex-Interior Minister Trial
Sofia City Court has adjourned the hearing in the trial against former Bulgarian Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov due to missing pretrial proceedings information, Thursday.
Tsvetanov is facing charges of blocking six permits to use special surveillance devices against Orlin Todorov, former head of the Interior's Chief Directorate Combating Organized Crime (GBDOP) in Veliko Tarnovo.
The hearing was scheduled for May 29, as the presiding judge Toni Getov claimed that the new date will rebut any comments that the hearing is held prior to the EP elections, Darik news reports.
The key and final witness in the case against Tsvetanov Orlin Todorov appeared today in the Sofia City Court, where he was called to testify. On Tuesday the Court ruled that Orlin Todoov is to be brought forcefully before court after failing to appear at the trial against ex-Interior Minister.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Four Dead in Attack Against German Clinic
- » Bulgaria: Daring Robbery on Struma Highway in Pernik Region
- » Hollywood Action Hero Sylvester Stallone with Fake Bulgarian Passport, Found in a Police Operation
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski