Bulgaria, BiH 'Only European Countries' Threatened by Gas Crisis
Bulgaria and Bosnia-Herzegovina will be the only countries to be left with no gas supplies if deliveries via Ukraine come to a halt, the President of the Russian Gas Society argued.
Pavel Zavalny, who heads the non-profit, made the comment at a press conference preceding this week's EU-Russia gas forum in Brussels.
Nothing prevents one from using the depositories on the EU's territory to store gas if Kiev does not pay its debts to Gazprom and supplies via Ukraine come to a halt, ITAR-TASS reported Zavalny as saying.
Bulgaria and Bosnia-Herzegovina, however, will not be able to rely on the depots, as both have no gas interconnections with Europe.
Zavalny said that European repositories were only half-full and Gazprom could store some 40-50 bcm of gas there (with more than 160 bcm Russian-based deliveries in Europe every years).
He added the Nord Stream could still be used in case of disruption.
Apart from heading the Russian Gas Society, Pavel Zavalny is a lawmaker from the ruling United Russia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Boyko Takov, BSMEPA: 90% of Companies in Bulgaria Are Micro, However Generating a Little Over 1/3 of Revenues in the Sector
- » Bulgaria Protests, Arman Babikyan: In Poison Trio, We Have the Confidence to Be in Politics! The Square is the Alternative to Impudent Power
- » Greek PM Mitsotakis: Turkey Must Stop Its Aggression or Face EU Sanctions
- » Harsh Vardhan Shringla: India is a Constructive, Dependable Actor Globally
- » What Happens With Your Personal Finances During a Financial Crisis?
- » Lawyer Nikolay Hadjigenov: Change Can Only be Made by Force. The Legal and Proper Way is a National Strike in Bulgaria