Bulgarians Spend Mostly on Food, Utility Bills
Bulgarian households saved BGN 825 on average in 2013 as the difference between their income and expenses was respectively BGN 11,420 and BGN 10,595, according to the statistics.
Annual income increased by BGN 7060 since 2000 and reached BGN 11,420 by the end of 2013, or 2.6 times higher.
Expenses were respectively BGN 3832 and have increased to BGN 10,595, that is by BGN 6793, according to NovaNews information based on National Statistical Institute data.
Bulgarians spend mostly on food – BGN 3512, which is over 100 % more than in 2000. Utility bills for electricity, water and heating cost BGN 1500 to the household budget in 2013. For comparison, in 2000 utility bills cost BGN 469. The increase is 220 % or more than three times.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Finance Ministry: If there is No New Budget by June 10 - Bulgaria could only Spend as much as it Collects
- » Bulgarian National Bank: The Technical Work on the Adoption of the Euro Continues
- » Bulgaria: Inflation Decline and GDP Growth
- » Fitch confirmed the long-term Credit Rating of Bulgaria
- » Ministry of Finance: The Fiscal Reserve of Bulgaria is Decreasing
- » The Law on the Adoption of the Euro will be submitted to the Bulgarian Parliament soon