Ukraine's Special Forces to Storm Occupied Buildings
Ukrainian special forces will storm seized buildings and checkpoints set up by pro-Russian rebels on May 2, the country's Interior Minister Arsen Avakov said Thursday.
Reports cited by RIA Novosti also reveal that Valentin Nalivaychenko, head of the special forces, will take the lead of the so-called "anti-terrorist" operation, which was previously assigned to Avakov.
May 2's activities against separatists are to take place mainly in Luhansk, and RIA Novosti's sources claim Kiev has ordered that control over the region be regained by May 3 "at any cost".
The information was not immediately confirmed by Ukraine's authorities.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 94 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Forces continue their Offensive in Donbas
- » Russia expects $14 Billion in additional Oil and Gas Revenues this year
- » US General: Sweden and Finland do Not Need more US Forces
- » Israel will Not Give Missiles to Ukraine despite US Pressure
- » Day 93 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At least 1,500 Killed in Sievierodonetsk
- » China and Russia have Vetoed new UN Sanctions against North Korea