Earthquake Felt in Bulgaria's Chirpan
A 2.6 Richter scale earthquake was registered near Bulgaria's town of Chirpan at 2.39 AM.
There are no reported damage or victims.
According to the Institute of geophysics of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, on Saturday were registered other three minor quakes. The strongest one was 3.1 Richter scale in the evening, again near Chirpan. Earlier were registered a 2 and a 2.5 Richter scale – near Sofia.
Chirpan lies in one of the most seismically active areas of Bulgaria – the Chirpan-Plovdiv fault and was virtually razed to the ground in 1928, when a 7 Richter scale earthquake struck the area.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » “Thracian Secret Societies” available in English and Bulgarian for All the History Buffs
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 801 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Woman, Life, Freedom... Protest in front of the Iranian embassy in Sofia
- » Bulgaria is First in the EU in Mortality from Cardiovascular Diseases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 752 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Top 5 Most Useful Apps for Travelling Internationally