56% of Bulgarians Say Religion Has a Positive Role in Society
Fifty-six percent of Bulgarians think religion has a positive role in the society, shows a global survey of Gallup International.
Twelve percent say the contrary.
A global average of 59% of respondent have a positive opinion about the role of religion.
The survey, which is done in the end of each year since 1977, asked 66 806 people in 65 countries whether they think that religion plays a positive, negative or neutral role in their country.
The results in Bulgaria are in line with the average in Eastern Europe, where 54% of the respondents think religion has a positive role in the country. In Western Europe, the attitude towards religion is more secular and the net result (difference between the positive and the negative opinions) is only 4% in favor of the positive.
In six western European countries the negative attitude prevails – Denmark, Belgium, France, Spain, Sweden and the Netherlands. The most positive attitude in the region have the people in Iceland and Portugal.
Most negative opinion on religion in the world have the people in Lebanon with largest negative net result -43%, while the most positive attitude is in Indonesia (95% said religion has a positive role).
The highest positive net average is in Africa (65%), followed by the Americas (54%), the Middle East and North Africa (50%).
Of the G7 countries, most positive attitude towards religion have the residents of USA, where 62% say religion has a positive role and place it in the center of their values. The US are followed by Italy (52%) and Canada (45%). Most negative attitude have the people in France, where the majority (42%) think religion plays a negative role in society, as opposed to 20% who say the contrary.
- » Travel and Read in a Retro Tram in Sofia on May 24th
- » Truck Hit a Bus on Trakia Motorway, 12 People Are in Hospital
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » A Car Hit Two Buses with Children Near Anton Village, Western Bulgaria
- » The 6-year-old Bulgarian Girl, whose Parents were Killed in Cape Town, Returned to Bulgaria
- » Two-year-old Girl was Severely Bitten by a Dog