Ukrainian Soldier 'Killed' in Crimea
A Ukrainian naval officer was shot by a Russian soldier on the Crimean peninsula, Ukrainian Defense Ministry has claimed.
Ministry officials, as quoted by Ukrainian news agency UNIAN, said that a sailor had been preparing to leave Crimea, which recently joined the Russian Federation, when a Russian soldier fired at him on Sunday night.
The attacker is reported to have been a member of Russia's Black Sea Fleet, who produced two shots, one in the chest and other in the face.
The news was first communicated by Dmitry Tymchuk, head of the Center for Military and Political Studies, who shared the information via his Facebook profile.
Ukrainian officials and media confirmed the accident in less than an hour, but Russia's defense ministry has not made any immediate comments.
Shortly after Crimea broke away from Ukraine, Kiev's soldiers were advised by local authorities either to join Russian ranks or withdraw to mainland territories.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » France Is Tightening Measures Against COVID-19, Devided Into Zones
- » Ekathimerini: Lockdown ‘Strongest Weapon’ Against Virus Surge in Athens
- » Bulgarians Can Now Travel to Italy Without Restrictions
- » Finland Opens Its Borders, 14-Day Quarantine for Bulgarians
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister